What Is A Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
What Is A Same Day Crown?
Our teeth go through a lot in a lifetime. Wear and tear may show up in your teeth through discoloration, chipping, or cracking. If you are experiencing pain while chewing or sensitivity to hot and cold liquids, you might have tooth damage.
Once enamel is damaged, the sensitive nerves and tissues that lie at the center of the tooth become vulnerable to infection, and you may need a crown.
Instead of multiple impressions and appointments, you can get a crown made with same day crown technology. This type of crown is composed of ceramic material and will match the color of your natural teeth. The material is extremely durable and will not cause decay or damage to your teeth.
With this technology, you walk into our office, undergo a very simple and painless procedure, then walk out a short time later with a completely restored tooth — all in one visit. We know you’re busy, so you don’t need to make multiple appointments to get a traditional crown. We make it in-house right before your eyes.
How Is A Same Day Crown Made?
Same day crowns are created using the CEREC crown restoration system. CEREC uses a combination of computer CAD CAM design, infrared imaging, and a precise milling machine to create the perfect crown for you right before your eyes.
To begin the same day crown procedure, Dr. Naba will take an optical impression of your tooth. Instead of using a messy mold, she takes the impression with a camera. Once your color is matched, Dr. Naba sends all of the data to the CEREC milling machine. The CEREC computer software converts the digital scan of your tooth into a virtual model tooth is carved out of a ceramic block. (More information below).
After your tooth has been milled, Dr. Naba will place your crown on your tooth to ensure the perfect fit. If the fit is correct, the crown is bonded and polished. By using this technology, no temporary crown or follow up visit is needed. You walk out of our office after one appointment.
Ready to get your same day crown at Six Sigma Dental? Click here to make an appointment.
Same Day Crown Process At Six Sigma
At Six Sigma Dental, we use the CEREC system – an innovative system that allows us to create custom-made ceramic dental restorations right here in our office. Once we create the device in front of you, moments later Dr. Naba cements the crown in place on your teeth! The process of using this system is not as complicated as you might think. If you come to Six Sigma Dental for a restorative or cosmetic treatment, here is what you can expect: First, your dentist will prepare the necessary tooth for a device in order to ensure we can get exact measurements for the restoration.
1. First, Dr. Naba will prepare the necessary tooth for a device in order to ensure we can get exact measurements for the restoration.
2. Next, using the CEREC Acquisition Unit, Dr. Naba will take a digital photograph of your tooth. This 3D software will then convert the digital image of your tooth into a three-dimensional model.
3. Once the model has been created, your dentist will design your device on the screen right before your eyes! This process usually only takes around five minutes.
4. When you approve of the design of your new dental restoration, your dentist will then submit the image to the CEREC Milling Unit, which will carve your device out of a block of ceramic that has been chosen to match your ideal shade.
5. In 10-20 minutes, your new device will be complete and ready for polish! Your dentist will then begin placing your new restoration right on the spot.
When Do You Need A Same Day Crown?
1. You have a tooth that has been weakened due to decay.
2. You need a chipped or broken tooth repaired quickly.
3. You need to cover a tooth that has a large filling.
4. You need to reinforce a tooth with a root canal.
5. You need to cover a dental implant.
6. You need to repair discolored teeth.
What Are The Benefits of a CERC Same Day Crown?
There are so many benefits to getting a same day crown vs a traditional crown: It saves you time: You don’t need to make additional appointments. Your crown is made in one appointment right before your eyes.
1. It saves you money: You save on appointment costs and the cost of temporary crown.
2. It’s more comfortable: With the same day crown camera, you skip putty like / gooey impression pastes. We understand that the traditional method of making molds of your teeth can be quite uncomfortable. Now, you won’t have to bite into anything to make an impression of your tooth. This system will do it for you with a simple photograph.
3. It restores your look quickly: With traditional crowns, your dentist gives you a temporary crown until the permanent crown is available. Often times, temporary crowns do not fit well and may come out. With same day crowns, Six Sigma Dental fits your crown immediately. Now you won’t need to wait weeks for your crowns or veneers. You can walk out with a renewed smile that very same day. That means you can save your vacation days and sick days for when you really want to use them!
4. It restores your tooth function immediately: If you’ve ever had a temporary crown, you know the feeling of not being able to chew properly. Same day crowns restore your normal tooth function in one appointment. In some cases, getting restorative treatments would require having a temporary device while your final product was being manufactured. Not anymore! Now you can have your well-fitted, custom-made device right away.
5. It gives you a hands-on experience: Because your dentist can make the device right in front of you, the power of choosing the ideal appearance of your device is in your hands. Now, you can make sure your restoration looks just right for you!
Want to see the CEREC system in action? Call Six Sigma Dental to schedule your appointment for your next restorative or cosmetic treatment!