What Is a Dental Bridge?
If you have missing teeth, your dentist can bridge the gaps in your smile with dental bridges. A dental bridge is a false tooth that is held in place by the teeth on either side of the gap. Dental bridges are typically made from porcelain to blend in your natural teeth.
Dental Bridge vs. Dental Implant
Many dental insurance plans cover bridges, and now several cover implants. A dental bridge may need to be replaced every 5 to 15 years, depending on proper care, while implants are considered a permanent solution. There are factors that can reduce the life of all types of bridges, including implants, such as dental hygiene.
Is a Dental Bridge Right For Me?
A missing tooth or teeth can affect you in a number of ways. A dental bridge can help you with:
- – restoring your smile
- – restoring the ability to properly chew
- – restoring your pronunciation
- – maintaining the shape of your face
- – re-adjusting your bite to properly distribute the force when you chew
- – preventing your remaining teeth from moving out of the correct position
To find out if a dental bridge is right for you, click here or call (704) 845-0500 schedule a consultation with Dr. Naba.