A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
When Do You Need a Tooth Crown?
You might understand what it is, but do you know when you need one? There are many different circumstances in which using a tooth crown is appropriate. Here are a few of them:
1. When you have a tooth that has been weakened due to decay.
2. When you need a chipped tooth repaired.
3. When you need to repair a broken tooth.
4. When you need to cover a tooth with a large filling.
5. When you need to anchor a dental bridge.
6. When you need to reinforce a tooth with a root canal.
7. When you need to cover a dental implant.
8. When you need to repair extremely discolored teeth.